Current Volunteer and Intern Opportunities
Business and Marketing
Engineering and Production
To apply for a volunteer position please send your resume / CV and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the role you are interested in.
If you do not see an opportunity that matches your skills and interests, please feel free to submit an application telling us about yourself and indicating your availability.
Sales and Marketing
A key aspect of our strategy is to educate local businesses on the opportunities for recycling and up-cycling. Our primary aim is to generate sales of biodiesel; donations of used cooking oil; and interest in our new initiatives. Volunteers working directly with the sector are a valuable asset to our organization.
Your job will consist of:
- Working with the Naga Earth team to seek out and engage with businesses in the hospitality industry; setting up meetings and providing information on our activities and services.
- Managing and updating social media accounts with latest news and case studies of long standing partners
- Engaging with local NGOs and the development community
- Printing of communication materials
No previous experience is necessary; we will provide all training. You will be proactive and a self-starter and will be available to volunteer full time for a minimum of 4 weeks.
The aim of this role will be to work directly with our technical team to generate web tools to clearly communicate our project.
We will be relying on your experience and creative personality to help guide this position: your job will consist of:
- Engaging with the Naga Earth team to understand the brand, our activities, and execute a range of online features and content appropriate to a non-technical audience
- Assisting with mapping tool and creating features and content to help recognize our supporters and partners
- Providing sufficient information / training to allow us to modify, if applicable, or maintain any of these tools
Previous experience in web design / development is a must for this role. Experience in animation and working with tools such as flash would be an asset. You should have your own computer and software; and will be provided with access to Squarespace 7. This is available as a short term volunteering position for qualified candidates, ideally able to commit for 2-4 weeks.
As our portfolio of services are growing, our need to develop communications tools is also expanding. We now offer a range of services to the hospitality industry, including recycling cooking oil (into fuel and natural hygiene soap), glass, plastics and paper.
We recognize that the services we offer can be difficult to understand and present in a clear and concise way. Therefore we are looking for a designer to work with the Naga Earth team to generate materials and marketing products which will effectively communicate our message.
We will be relying on your experience, proactive nature and creative personality to help to guide this position. Essentially, your job will consist of:
- Engaging with the Naga Earth team to understand the brand, our activities and to ultimately provide a strategy in-keeping with our online presence / personality.
- Pitch tools, prepare rough drafts; and execute the chosen designs (design, print, production) through creating innovative ways to communicate our message and initiatives.
Previous experience in graphic design is a must for this role. You should have your own computer and software. This is available as a short term volunteer position for qualified candidates, ideally able to commit for 2-4 weeks.
Naga Earth is currently looking for an experienced film maker to help us shoot a video explaining our children's hygiene program. This is a chance to make a short 2-3 minute film that can save lives in Cambodia. It will help us to get funding to produce up to 3,000 liters per month of hygiene soap to at risk children with no access to soap in their household.
Do you have photography skills and a high quality camera? Please consider volunteering for Naga Earth to help document our project.
Engineer / technician (biodiesel production)
Opportunity for an Intern or Volunteer
Naga Earth’s most established project is the recycling of used-cooking oil into biodiesel.
We produce biodiesel from used cooking oil using an environmentally friendly process.
The glycerine by-product to create a hygiene soap.
We have an ongoing position in this project for engineer/technician who will work under the guidance of the Naga Earth engineering team. You will also be able to get additional experience in other roles and projects according to your interest and skills. Primarily your role will include:
- Producing biodiesel using our two biodiesel reactors
- Biodiesel testing and quality control
- Operating methanol recovery system
- Producing glycerine based hygiene soap
- Machine maintenance
You will have an engineering background (or equivalent experience) and will be available to volunteer full time for a minimum of 12 weeks. We are happy to consider applications from engineering students with more than 2-years of university education.
Engineer / technician (glass recycling)
Opportunity for a volunteer or an intern
Naga Earth is currently working with the local rubbish collection company (Gaea) on a glass recycling project.
We have an open position in this project for a volunteer engineer who will work under the guidance of the Naga Earth engineering team. This is an exciting new area for us: This project will be the first scale glass recycling operation in Siem Reap.
Your role will include:
- Researching appropriate glass recycling and pulverizing machines.
- Making an educated recommendation for which machine to purchase.
- Helping to oversee machine set up on site.
You will have an engineering background (or equivalent experience) and will be available to volunteer full time for a minimum of 12 weeks. We will consider applications from engineering students with more than 3-years of higher education.
Naga Earth’s Newest project is to convert glycerin into hygiene soap
This soap will be distributed for free to qualifying non-profits throughout Cambodia.
We are looking for an experienced soap maker to help us to achieve a higher quality hand soap that can be reproduced consistently.
Primarily your role will include:
- Developing a soap recipe that will allow us to produce a high-quality, low-cost hand soap
- Helping us to source the needed ingredients
- Testing the soap recipe until quality is acceptable
You will have experience in soap-making and will be available to volunteer full time for a minimum of 6 weeks.
Recycling operator - paper and plastic
Your job will consist of the following:
Participating in all aspects of the paper recycling production (shredding, blending, screening, pressing and drying
Participating in plastic recycling operations (shredding and heat molding)
A great opportunity for environmentally and socially conscious volunteers. No previous experience is necessary and we will provide training. You will be available to volunteer full time for a minimum of 1 week.