Current Volunteer and Intern Opportunities
Engineering and Production
To apply for a volunteer position please send your resume / CV and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the role you are interested in.
If you do not see an opportunity that matches your skills and interests, please feel free to submit an application telling us about yourself and indicating your availability.
Sales and Marketing
A key aspect of our strategy is to educate local businesses on the opportunities for recycling and up-cycling. Our primary aim is to generate sales of biodiesel; donations of used cooking oil; and interest in our new initiatives.
Your job will consist of:
- Working with the Naga Earth team to seek out and engage with businesses in the hospitality industry.
- Managing and updating social media accounts with latest news and case studies of long standing partners.
- Engaging with local NGOs and the development community.
You will be proactive and a self-starter and will be available to volunteer full time for a minimum of 8 weeks.
The aim of this role will be to work directly with our technical team to generate web tools to clearly communicate our project.
We will be relying on your experience and creative personality to help guide this position: your job will consist of:
- Engaging with the Naga Earth team to understand the brand, our activities, and execute a range of online features and content appropriate to a non-technical audience
- Assisting with mapping tool and creating features and content to help recognize our supporters and partners
- Providing sufficient information / training to allow us to modify, if applicable, or maintain any of these tools
Previous experience in web design / development is a must for this role. Experience in animation and working with tools such as flash would be an asset. You should have your own computer and software; and will be provided with access to Squarespace 7. This is available as a short term volunteering position for qualified candidates, ideally able to commit for 2-4 weeks.
Naga Earth is currently looking for an experienced film maker to help us shoot a video explaining our children's hygiene program. This is a chance to make a short 2-3 minute film that can save lives in Cambodia. It will help us to produce up to 3,000 liters per month of hygiene soap to at risk children with no access to soap in their household.
You will need be available to volunteer for a minimum of 3 weeks.
Engineer / technician (biodiesel production)
Opportunity for an Intern or Volunteer
Naga Earth’s most established project is the recycling of used-cooking oil into biodiesel.
We produce biodiesel from used cooking oil using an environmentally friendly process.
The glycerine by-product to create a hygiene soap.
We have an ongoing position in this project for engineer/technician who will work under the guidance of the Naga Earth engineering team. You will also be able to get additional experience in other roles and projects according to your interest and skills. Primarily your role will include:
- Producing biodiesel using our two biodiesel reactors
- Biodiesel testing and quality control
- Operating methanol recovery system
- Producing glycerine based hygiene soap
- Machine maintenance
You will have an engineering background (or equivalent experience) and will be available to volunteer full time for a minimum of 12 weeks. We are happy to consider applications from engineering students with more than 2-years of university education.
Engineer / technician (soap production)
Opportunity for a volunteer or an intern
Naga Earth’s Newest project is to convert glycerin into hygiene soap
This soap will be distributed for free to qualifying non-profits throughout Cambodia.
Primarily your role will include:
- Working to make equipment that will allow us to produce hygiene soap in the most environmentally friendly way possible. This means working on our rainwater collection system and helping us to manufacture a still to produce lemongrass essential oil (for fragrance)
- Developing a soap recipe that will allow us to produce a high-quality, low-cost hand soap
- Helping us to source the needed ingredients, pumps and reusable bottles.
- Testing the soap recipe until quality is acceptable
You will need be available to volunteer full time for a minimum of 10 weeks.
Recycling operator - paper and plastic
Your job will consist of the following:
Participating in all aspects of the paper recycling production (shredding, blending, screening, pressing and drying
Participating in plastic recycling operations (shredding and heat molding)
A great opportunity for environmentally and socially conscious volunteers. No previous experience is necessary and we will provide training. You will be available to volunteer full time for a minimum of 4 weeks.
To join our team, please check out current opportunities, or send your CV / resume and a completed application form to email@example.com.